Pages

Sunday 4 October 2015

Day 212: Reactions towards knowledge and information that I do not agree with

A friend shared information about a herbalist who claims to be able to cure any disease with administering the right herbal mix. The friend quoted the herbalist, and the quote was in my perspective a bunch of words that were put together to sound educated to people who have no scientific training whatsoever. There were big words in the quote, but when put together, they don't really mean a damn thing to someone who really understands them. I reacted to this with anger, annoyance and frustration. I hate the fact that people can be so easily manipulated into believing anything simply because they lack the basic education/understanding on how things work. And I hate the fact that other people know this and use it to their advantage to make money on people who are desperate.

In all this it became apparent how different people see things differently according to their exposure to knowledge.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react with anger, hatred, frustration, resentment, annoyance, whenever I see/perceive that someone is trying to scam people for money by using words that sound scientific, but in my view aren't. Within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want/need/desire to attack those words and destroy them, in that attacking the one who is saying them by labeling them as ignorant and uneducated, not realising and understanding that I am in that moment putting myself in a superior position because I apparently understand those words, and am thus not taking into consideration the other participant as an equal but as someone who is less than me for not understanding the words like I do.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel insulted and infuriated, whenever I perceive that someone is trying to manipulate me and people in general with knowledge that I have some understanding of and do not agree with what is being said.

When and as I see myself reacting with anger due to hearing knowledge/information that I do not agree with and deem to be inaccurate, I stop and I breathe. I realise and understand that if I go into debate about the accurateness of the knowledge, I am playing a knowledge/information based power play in order to feed energy to my mind as ego. Therefore I commit myself to not reacting with anger anymore when I hear information I do not agree with, but remain here in breath and direct myself in common sense towards what is best for all and take into consideration the other person/people and their understanding.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react with being incredulous and wanting to make fun of someone saying something that I do not agree with, not realising and understanding that I am doing so because I feel inferior because I perceive that the other person thinks that I am dumb enough to buy what they are saying, thus I am trying to compensate for the feeling of inferiority by trying to subdue the other person with making fun of them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react with the statement "Do you expect me to believe this" either in thoughts or words, whenever someone is presenting to me knowledge/information that I do not agree with or have trouble accepting because it is outside of my scope of knowledge, instead of realising and understanding that I am in that moment feeling inferior because I perceive that I lack something in order to be on the same page with what the person is saying.

When and as I see myself feeling incredulous about someone trying to present something to me that i do not agree with, and reacting with the words "do you expect me to believe this", I stop and I breathe. I realise and understand that I am trying to compensate with superiority the feeling of inferiority I experience whenever I am not on the same page with the person presenting the knowledge, therefore I commit myself to breathe, not allow myself to go into inferiority, but stay here and direct myself with common sense.

I commit myself to take a step back and breathe, whenever I hear knowledge and information that I do not agree with and I commit myself to stopping and removing my reactions of taking it personally whenever someone is presenting to me knowledge and information that I do not agree with, because I realise and understand that by taking it personally, I am trapping myself into an energetic power play where I will try to persuade the other person into adopting my knowledge and information and way of thinking, thus try to subdue them and will not regard them as equals, which I realise is unacceptable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react with hatred and anger and resentment, frustration and annoyance towards people whom I perceive to be trying to scam other people out of their money by using big words that those other people do not fully understand, and label such people as evil and abusive, instead of realising and understanding that I am taking the 'moral high ground' and making myself superior to them in my mind, thus feeding my mind as ego energy.

When and as I see myself reacting with anger towards people whom I perceive are trying to scam other people out of their money, I stop and I breathe. I realise and understand that I am in that moment taking the moral high ground, trying to be superior to those people by labeling them as scammers, as evil and not to be trusted, not realising and understanding that they are just as much trying to survive in this world as anyone else. Therefore I commit myself to stopping and removing all my energetic reactions to those people and directing myself in breath with common sense towards what is best for all.

1 comment: